Puerto Escondido: paradise on the beach
Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca: Sandy beaches and palm trees silhouetted against a blue sky. Young surfers and middle-aged sun-seekers on the beach at Zicatela. Fresh fruit at the market. Fresh and distinctive Oaxacan cuisine at a local restaurant. This is Puerto Escondido, Mexico, a sun-drenched Mexican paradise whose beaches attract visitors from everywhere.
In case of urgent need of money you can get a payday loan online from https://flashapply.com/ lender service without losing a minute of time or getting up from the chair.
Overrun with tourists? Hardly. A little harder to get to than many other Mexican tourist destinations, Puerto Escondido is not known for its all-inclusive vacation packages. It is known for being a Mexican beach town.
For accommodation, you can stay in a no-frills hostel, a rental house or apartment or a hotel with however many stars you wish. Whatever your choice, you will not be disappointed, for Puerto is a hospitable town, and respects its visitors.
You will never go hungry here. There are hundreds of places to choose from: restaurants are everywhere, from the beach to the market, and the choices of cuisine are amazing.
You will never be bored. Once you’ve tired of lying on the beach go whalewatching or charter a launch to go fishing. Go diving, either in the water or from a plane, tour a lagoon, ride a horse, go for a beach walk, browse through the stalls at the market, visit a gallery or find a special gift to take home at one of the artisans’ stores.
Alternatively, come for a week and stay for life: any one of the local real estate offices will be happy to help you find your dream home in paradise.
Puerto Escondido at a glance
- Population: 45,000
- Economic base: tourism, fishing, agriculture
- Beaches: six — Zicatela (surfing), Principal, Marinero, Manzanillo, Carrizalillo and Bacocho.
- Shopping: Two supermarkets (Super Che and Bodega Aurrera), public market and lots more, including specialty and gift shops on the Adoquín, at Zicatela and on the Rinconada.
- Accommodations: For every taste and every budget, from surfer hostels to pricey vacation rental homes.
- Restaurants: Lots of seafood, Oaxacan cuisine, beach palapas, you name it.
- Bank machines: Half a dozen or more.
- Visitor information: Gina in the kiosk on the Adoquín.